The Royal College of Anaesthetists is holding an informal session for Foundation Year Trainees who are considering a career in anaesthesia. The day is not intended to provide personal career guidance, but instead will focus on the general aspects of the specialty. The day will provide an insight into life as a trainee and consultant anaesthetist. There will also be plenty of time for questions.
• Life as an anaesthetic trainee
• The training programme and support
• Intensive care medicine
• Pre hospital medicine /ACCS anaesthetics
• Recruitment and application process
• The future of anaesthesia, skills required and life as a consultant